On Wednesday 7 August 2019, the Ramsay Centre signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Queensland.
A philanthropic agreement was finalised on 15 November 2019.
The Ramsay Centre supports UQ to:
- Offer an extended major in Western Civilisation in both the Bachelor of Advanced Humanities (Honours) and Bachelor of Humanities/Bachelor of Laws.
- Employ ten academics (including at least six new appointments), and support staff, to deliver the extended major
- Refurbish dedicated facilities for Ramsay Scholars
- Offer 30 new scholarships annually valued at 30,000 p.a. (increasing with inflation) for an average of five years
- Provide international study opportunities for participating students
- Offer a summer school