The Ramsay Undergraduate Scholarships
Level of Support
The financial support offered to you as a Ramsay Scholar will assist you throughout your undergraduate study in the Bachelor of Arts in Western Civilisation and any other double/vertical degree you may wish to undertake. We want you to be able to focus on the challenging content of your courses without the need to worry about supporting yourself.
The Ramsay Undergraduate Scholarships will be awarded to school leavers who wish to pursue a full-time single or double undergraduate degree at our partner universities.
While the exact amount is to be determined, scholarships will cover residential and other necessary costs associated with studies (on campus or in other approved student accommodation) for up to five years.
Applicants for Ramsay scholarships will need to show: high academic ability; and potential to make a real contribution in Australia and the world.
Our scholarship selection process will therefore have two elements:
- You will need a high ATAR score (to be confirmed). At the same time, other circumstances may be taken into account during the selection and interview process.
- You will need to show some evidence, through a CV, references and a personal statement, of your potential for leadership and community contribution.
In order to apply for the scholarship in addition to providing the above evidence you will have to be:
- Year 12 student or students that have recently completed year 12 and have not commenced university level study;
- an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident; and
- available to attend an interview(s).
Applications for the scholarships for the 2020 academic year will be via our partner universities.
For more information on the Bachelor of Arts in Western Civilisation degree at the University of Wollongong, click here.
To apply for the UOW Ramsay Scholarship, click here.